• Where do I find information about the whole process of getting visa to the European partner countries? 

    Every European country is represented in Russia through embassies or consulates. Also there are a lot of visa services in many Russian cities, which review visa applications and give visas.

    Websites listed below refer to the organizations, giving visas to the European partner countries of the SCEE project in Russia:

    1. Italy - http://italy-vms.ru/ru/content/index.htm
    2. France - http://www.ambafrance-ru.org/-Konsul-stvo-v-Moskve-
    3. Poland - https://secure.e-konsulat.gov.pl/

    Moreover, there have already been opened many special visa organizations in numerous Russian cities, which give visas to different European countries. If such organization is missing in your city, you can always apply for visa in the nearest city, where such organization is represented.

    The package of documents needed to apply for visa may vary depending on country of destination. Nevertheless, it usually includes a special application form, a few photos of exact type and size, copies of your ID’s or passports, an insurance certificate and a financial receipt from your bank account.

    It is important to take care of applying for visa in advance because the process of applying may take from 2 weeks to 1 month depending on various factors.

  • About job

    You can get a job easily, but the amount of working hours per week you are allowed to spend on that job varies from country to country. Averagely it is no more than 20 hours a week.

    Also you can join a company to participate in a research. Such projects are usually well paid.

    Websites where you can find a job:

    www.stepstone.com (jobs within the EU)




    A lot of job postings can also be found within the university.

  • About visa

    In case the time of your stay does not exceed 90 days you will need an EU (Shengen) visa. Otherwise you will need a long-term visa, a set of documents for which may additionally include a foreign university enrolment confirmation, a health certificate and a translated birth certificate with an apostille. Detailed information can be found on the official website of the selected country’s embassy.

    The international department in the university you have chosen can also help you with the documents and the necessary information.

  • Amount of financing

    The amount of financing is set according to the conditions of the programme and may belong to the following types:

    1. fully paid (incl. transit costs, insurance, visa expenses, residence, university fee, regular scholarship, public transport usage, food)
    2. partially paid (e.g. only transit costs, insurance and tuition fees)
    3. only tuition fees are paid
    4. etc.

    All information about the amount of financing can be found on the programme’s website.

  • Necessary language skills

    Some programmes set a high level of language skills needed to participate and demand language proficiency certificates (IELTS, TOEFL etc.)

    1. ielts.org
    2. toefl.ru

    For other programmes it is enough to provide a language proficiency certificate issued by your home university.

    Sometimes additional exams/tests are held after you have won the grant and arrived to the country of admission.

  • Living conditions

    Usually the European grants covering  living costs provide a room in a local residence hall/hostel.

    These residence halls can be very different. Mostly there are single rooms with a shower and a WC. There is usually one laundry and one kitchen at each floor or a washing machine and a stove for every 2 to 4 rooms.

    The average price for a room in a residence hall is from €150 to €350 per month for one person.

    For about the same price you can choose to rent an apartment or a room. Apart from the Internet you can usually find some additional information on the university’s website.

  • Paperwork for the application

    First you need to make a list of the documents needed. You need to check what you already have, what will take you more time to prepare and what will be an easy task.

    The documents, which take long to prepare, should be dealt with first. A request to the foreign university confirming their readiness to admit you for the study is a typical example of such a document .

    You should keep in mind that unexpected situations can happen anywhere and anytime. Therefore it is essential to know the contacts of the programme’s coordinator etc.

    It usually takes no more than 2 to 3 weeks to prepare all the documents and to gather all the necessary inquiries and certificates.